Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Half Way There

So far this semester, JMC 410 has been both time consuming and exciting. I have really enjoyed writing about my beat all semester, which is health care. It is a topic that I am extremely passionate in which is why it is so exciting to write about. I have written two stories so far this semester. The first was a day-in-the-life story in which I covered the Health Center at UNC. It was really interesting to spend a whole day sitting in the waiting room and observe and interview the students that went through in a day’s time. The second story that I am currently working on finalizing now, is a profile story of a nursing student at UNC. This has been really exciting for me because after I graduate in May, I plan on attending nursing school. I am currently in the application process for several schools in Colorado, so it has been helpful to get tips and pointers from students who are on the same path as I am. I think one thing that I would like to improve on is to get over my interview anxiety. I guess I feel as if people don’t take me seriously since this is only for a class, even though technically we are journalists covering stories. I am excited for the rest of the semester and I am excited to continue to improve on my writing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment